ASOT 731 – A State of Trance Episode 731
It’s a pleasure to be back with the ASOT 731 review this week. Today’s show was full of incredible music from a wide range of talented artists including: Grum, Faithless, Paul van Dyk, Tiesto, Assaf, Sebastien, and Hardwell. This week’s group featured a fantastic mix of progressive vibes during the two-hour broadcast. The live show kicked off with this week’s guest, international trance and progressive artist, Beat Service, whose tracks were played throughout the show. Beat Service, or Madis Sillamo, opened up with his track ‘Under the Sun,’ which definitely set the vibe for the entire show.
I’ve been hearing this next track on a lot of other radio shows over the last few weeks, and after your first listen, you can easily see why. This week’s progressive pick was given to British music producer Grum and his track ‘Something About You.’ This track is truly remarkable and its beats hit all the right spots. We might even see this one take Tune of the Week in the upcoming ASOT broadcasts.
Today’s ASOT world premiere was of Armin’s personal remix of Faithless’s ‘We Come 1.’ As an artistic retrospective to one of the most influential bands of a generation, their new album ‘Faithless 2.0’ will be released this month. Whenever I hear Faithless mentioned it gives me shivers, as their tracks have had an extreme impact on the industry. I don’t know where we would be without them. Well done Armin, and I think we in the audience, all loved the track. As such, the world premiere of ‘We Come 1’ was given the title of Tune of the Week.
The Trending Track was handed to Hardwell and Armin’s ‘Off The Hook.’ With names like that collaborating, I can easily see why this one blew up on social media. No pun intended, the song was off the hook and hands down incredible – a huge hit with the live audience on Twitter. ‘Off The Hook’ was extremely fast paced and really got my heart pumping. I can’t wait to hear the other tracks on this album, as this small preview is just too good! Definitely a trending track in my book!
Armin closed out the show with one of his own classics, ‘Imagine,’ and if you’ve never heard it, I don’t know how you ended up here. Just kidding, but if you feel like turning back the clock, then you can give it a listen below. All I can say now is that this was one great broadcast. Thanks for reading, and if you missed this live show, make sure to tune in next Thursday at 2PM EST.
A State of Trance 731: ASOT 731 Tracklist
- Beat Service – Under The Sun
- Chicane – Ibiza Bleeps
- Grum – Something About You [Progressive Pick]
- LTN & Ad Brown – Symphony
- Rasster & Rakkano – Nostrum
- Las Salinas – Honey Bunny
- Beat Service feat. Ana Criado – An Autumn Tale
- Wrechiski – Riptide
- Philippe El Sisi & LIONART – Comfort You
- Assaf feat. Laura Aqui – After Dark
- Faithless – We Come 1 (Armin van Buuren Remix) [Tune of The Week] [World Premiere]
- Tom Fall & JES – Come Back
- Beat Service feat. Sarah Lynn – Dream Weaver
- Beat Service – Cafe Del Mar
- Beat Service – In The Moment
- Orjan Nilsen – Don
- Stoneface & Terminal – Don’t Give A F*ck (2015 Rework)
- Hardwell & Armin van Buuren – Off The Hook [Trending Track]
- Sebastien feat. Satellite Empire – Escape (Heatbeat Remix)
- Arisen Flame – Dreamland
- Matt Bukovski & Eloquentia feat. Ada – Pieces Of The Sky
- Jorn van Deynhoven – 101010 (The Perfect Ten)
- Armin van Buuren feat. Justine Suissa – Burned With Desire (Rising Star Remix)
- Sholan – Rebound
- MaRLo feat. Christina Novelli – Hold It Together (Ahmed Romel Remix)
- Tiesto – Lethal Industry (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix)
- John O’Callaghan – Meridian Bay
- Bryan Kearney – The Things We Should Say (Solarstone Pure Mix)
- Paul van Dyk vs. Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Heatbeat – Nothing But Amistad (Matt Bukovski Mashup)
- Alex M.O.R.P.H. feat. Ana Criado – Sunset Boulevard (Ben Nicky Remix)
- Signum – Blockbuster
- Photographer & Abstract Vision – Zero Gravity (UCast Remix)
- Armin van Buuren – Imagine [ASOT Radio Classic]